Preparing Youth For College, Work + Life
WHAT IS PROJECT READY?
A FREE Academic Enrichment Program offered by the Urban League of Essex County that's open to youth in grades 6 - 11.
Students get access to:
- SAT/ACT Preparation
- Summer Programs
- College Visits
- Fairs and Workshops
- FAFSA Training
Are you interested in going to college, but don't know how to prepare?
Do you want to get the upper hand on being prepared for jobs?
Are you interested in visiting college campuses, but can't afford it?
Are you interested in working during the summer?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then PROJECT READY is for you.
Urban League of Essex County's FREE Project Ready Enrichment Program
COLLEGE. WORK. LIFE.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Parent/student orientation night (please email Ms. Wilson or Ms. Bligen for current program details). We strongly recommend parents show up so we can go over what they can expect from Project Ready and what we expect from the students. Please be prepared to fill out paperwork.
- Any child that wants to be a part of the 10-week Drone Cadets Program must meet every Thursday at 506 Central Ave Newark, N.J, 2nd Floor. Children ages 12-14 must be dropped off and picked up.
- All other students will be visited during their school hours with the chance to win monthly incentives for school/program participation.
- Outside activities will take place during school breaks and Sundays.
- College tours will begin during spring break. Any student attending must have been an active participant throughout the Project Ready Program. We service ages 12-18 years of age.
Project Ready Career Fair - December 4, 2021
For more information:
Heather Wilson, Project Ready Director
(973) 624-9535 x223
Nakaya Bligen, Project Ready Coordinator
(973) 624-9535 x220